Monday, January 29, 2007

Unemployed, but optimistic. And also crazy.

It's been quiet around here, I know, but I have good reason for it. Why? Well, I finally decided to start looking for a job.

All last semester I enjoyed knowing that next semester I would find a job. And now it's next semester, and for the first couple of weeks I put off the whole job search. But then? Then I started looking.

And for a normal, non-crazy person, it would seem that my search is going well, because just a few short days after I posted my resume (she's such a grown-up, with her fancy resume) (and a portfolio, too) on Monster I got a call from a technical communication company in Cincinnati, and they wanted to meet me in person.

So I had my first grown-up interview today, and the reason I haven't been around is because I have been FREAKING. OUT.

Luckily, it went well, but the fact that I'm not available for three more months kind of got in the way of any further employment discussion. It was good to show off my work--work that was on one occasion destroyed by the university, and that I did at 3 in the morning, and that I am quite proud of--and get a positive response.

I guess I'm still anxious about what comes next. But I have to say, I don't think anything compares to the last week.

No comments: