Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Our Wedding

During my trip to Ohio last month, a friend pointed out to me that I hadn't posted any of the photos from my wedding yet. I thought it might be best to do that before we got too far into 2013, since it's essentially the last item left on my wedding to-do checklist. I can't tell you how often in the last few months I've sighed in relief that I am no longer planning a wedding.

Anyway, our wedding day went just about as smoothly as I could have hoped. Everyone was so nice and helpful to me - no one was annoyed when I forgot to bring my veil to the hair salon that morning and had to have someone bring it; people were happy to drive me around and bring me food and let me do what I wanted. Adam and I chose to see each other before the ceremony, and this was absolutely the right choice for me. I was most anxious for the four hours or so we spent separately, getting ready and eating lunch (or in my case, not eating lunch and being told firmly by everyone that I needed to sit down and eat my food. Now. No, seriously, eat that. You cannot get dressed until you eat!), so I can't imagine how I would have felt spending all day until our late afternoon ceremony waiting to see each other. I could go on and on about the entire day, but I don't know how interesting that actually is. Here are a handful of my favorite photos, and if you're so inclined you can find more here.

The best thing about our wedding is that I think people had a good time. Look how much fun our friends are having!

0321_20121006 Loren and Adam Wedding (ZF-2434-76476-1-321)

And I don't think I'll ever forget, but it's worth noting that this is when I cried while my aunt read How Falling in Love is Like Owning a Dog, one of my favorite parts of the ceremony.

0111_20121006 Loren and Adam Wedding (ZF-2434-76476-1-111)

Lastly, if I had had cake on my face in this photo, we would have immediately annulled the marriage, because I had given Adam very specific instructions about the cake cutting portion of the evening. I take that successful communication as a good sign for our marriage.

0341_20121006 Loren and Adam Wedding (ZF-2434-76476-1-341)

(By the way, all photos were taken by our wonderful photographers from Fyrefly Photography. If you're having a wedding in the Cincinnati area, I can't recommend them enough. They were fantastic to work with!)

1 comment:

mary said...

beautiful!