Monday, December 31, 2012

What's Making Me Happy This Week, LII

There are so many things, I'm making a list:
- That we spent Christmas in Colorado! Adam and I had dinner and went to a Christmas Eve service with some friends. It started snowing just before the church service, so when we headed home everything was covered in snow and it felt perfectly Christmasy. The next morning we opened our gifts and had waffles and mimosas for breakfast, and then spent the afternoon at Adam's brother's house in Colorado Springs. It was a much quieter Christmas than we're used to, but it was still a nice way to celebrate.

- That this year, which was one of the longest and toughest I've ever had, is over. I'm so glad to be married, but the wedding was a big challenge for me. People keep asking how married life is, and the true answer is probably something along the lines of, "great, if only because Adam and I no longer have a wedding to fight over." There were some other big (and stressful) health-, family-, and work- related changes too, so I'm ready to move past coping with change and just live my life the way it is for a while. 

- That I'm finished with this year of these posts. I'll admit it was good to have a weekly deadline, but I'm ready to abandon the Roman Numerals and try something new. 

Here's to a happy 2013.

No comments: