Monday, October 29, 2012

What's making me happy this week, XLIII

I'm a little late posting for this week, and my only excuse is that I was so lazy on Saturday that I ran out of time on Sunday. But I had a really wonderful weekend. On Friday night I made an exceptional dinner of pasta with sausage ragu followed by apple crisp and vanilla ice cream.* I turned our kitchen into a huge mess, partially because I was making both dishes at the same time, and partially because since the wedding I have all these new kitchen tools at my disposal and I wanted to try them out. It was so much fun! 

On Sunday night our friends Mary, Marie, and Sean made dinner for us as a wedding gift. We had so much fun sitting around chatting, mostly about prison-based reality t.v. shows. 

I also came up with a Halloween costume! I think it's going to work out nicely and it isn't labor intensive or expensive. Don't get your hopes up for something funny or clever, but hey. I'm going to have a costume which is all that really mattered to me. 


*Bonus thing that's making me happy this week: we discovered that our King Soopers, a grocery store chain owned by bigger chain Kroger, carries Graeter's ice cream. It's still unclear whether it's really a new feature or if the Graeter's was always there and we didn't notice it (Mary told us she had it back in 2009), but the discovery is the important thing.

No comments: