Saturday, May 12, 2012

What's making me happy this week, XIX

Look, I have really mixed feelings about today's American Girl doll situation, but I'm not going to bore you with them here. However, I was charmed by this piece about working as a hairstylist in the American Girl store salon. Specifically, I liked the part about some dolls being well-loved. I guess if you're not going to use the dolls for exposure to American history anymore (like you were SUPPOSED TO when they were created), at least they're being played with. Oh man, I loved my American Girl dolls so much.

Adam and I have been doing so much talking about the future and what we want to do and see, so the life list has been looming large in my brain lately. I really liked this article on the Oprah blog about Mighty Girl, whose life list is pretty great. It's a good reminder to do the little things, too.

We've also started wedding planning in earnest, so a few fun packages have started to come in through the mail. This week our photo props came. I can't stop playing with them.


Props

No comments: