Sunday, April 29, 2012

What's making me happy this week, XVII

I had kind of a rough week, but some good certainly came out of it. I had an allergy skin test on Friday, and I had to be off antihistamines for SEVEN DAYS leading up to it. Do you know how long it's been since I went seven days without a Benadryl or Zyrtec or something? It was an itchy, wheezy, sneezy week. But, the allergy test appointment went well, and I ended up with some new medicine to make living with a cat more bearable. I also found out that I am allergic to horses but not to feathers. This was excellent news for me because I have often told people I am allergic to horses to explain why I don't like them (they're quite big and scary). I was also glad that I can now let go of the guilt I have for the four feather pillows on my bed that I have always believed were bad for me. Hurray!

This absence of antihistamines meant that it was very, very hard for me to work out without collapsing into a wheezing mess, so I haven't been doing much in the way of physical exertion for the last week. And that was a problem because Adam, Mary and I were signed up for the Cherry Creek Sneak 5k this morning. We actually didn't do too badly, and it was a lot of fun. Mary and I always spend a fair amount of our 5k races chatting and walking anyway. Also, you get free beer at the end, so it was definitely worth it (even though I had a touch of the hangries after we finished running and needed to scarf down a Clif Bar* to return to my normal self).

*Clif Bars! So good! I just don't do anything physically demanding enough to justify eating them very often.

No comments: