Sunday, April 22, 2012

What's making me happy this week, XVI

My car is kind of old, so it has a cassette deck and cd player but no aux input, which is what I actually need. I hate using those iPod players that transmit through a radio station, so I've always used a cassette tape deck thing. It works well with everything except my new iPhone. When I plug that in, it makes an unbearable high squeaking sound over whatever I'm playing. So I've been reverting back to the radio or my cd's.

Anyway, this is all to say that what is making me happy right now is that today while we were in the checkout lane at Walmart I noticed that they had a display of the kind of cassette thing I use (and I have to admit, the technology is so...outdated? I don't even know what it's called) and they were only five dollars. So I bought one, and the squeak is gone. Not only that, it works SO much better than the one I already had. It was the best five bucks I've spent in a long time.

It's the little things, guys.

No comments: