Sunday, March 11, 2012

What's making me happy this week X

Well, there's this Japanese legend that if you make 1000 origami cranes, you'll get to make a wish. And if you make them or receive them as a gift for your wedding, you will have a long and happy marriage. I really love the way paper cranes look, so I started making them on Friday.



It is the perfect thing for me right now, because part of wedding planning stress for me is knowing there are things to be done but having to wait to do them - picking a florist or planning the ceremony for example. So having something that I can busy myself with was really satisfying this weekend. Plus, they aren't too labor-intensive, so I can make them while I watch tv. It's only been a few days, but it seems like keeping my hands busy tricks my brain into believing that things are getting done. Hooray!

I also bought myself some cheap flowers, because...well, just because. They were five bucks and I'm ready for spring.

carnations

No comments: