Sunday, February 19, 2012

What's making me happy this week VII

First, the nerdiest things: I learned where the saying "racking my brain" comes from. I also read about whether the language in Downton Abbey is accurate for the time period (spoiler: not really), but I'm less interested in pointing out wrongness and more interested in the research they did to find out about said wrongness, because now I know that people started using the phrase "couldn't care less" around 1944.

Second, my Birchbox for this month came this week, so I have some pretty new beauty products to play with.

February Birchbox

I also managed to pull together a nice Valentine's Day meal for Adam and me, which I am quite proud of because at one point during the preparation, I filled the entire main floor of our house with smoke. As it turns out, if you put bacon under the broiler, the grease may catch fire. Who knew.

Also! One last thing: I watched the first two episodes of Smash this morning and while I don't know that I'm really into it, I will say I like it much, much better Glee. It feels so good to say that.

No comments: