Sunday, January 08, 2012

Resolutions

I typically loathe the idea of new year's resolutions, mostly because I find that I take them too seriously and start to dwell on all the things I don't like about myself. One year I made my list of resolutions only to find one from a few years earlier that was EXACTLY THE SAME. Screw this, I thought.

That was in college, and I didn't make another resolution until last year, which was simply, floss everyday. And I didn't floss every single day, but I flossed most days, which was enough to garner praise from my hygenist. That had never happened before, so I was pretty proud of myself. But you know what? No one really cares at the end of December when you tell them you've kept your resolution.

Don't get me wrong, my gums and I are very glad I stuck with the flossing. But when 2012 was looming I decided I needed to resolve to enjoy myself, especially with the way I had been stressing out over wedding planning. So here are the things I resolve to do in 2012:

Make Apple Pie Oatmeal for breakfast some Saturday morning. (Bonus points for eating it in bed, I think.)

Throw a favorite things party!

Crochet more.

Climb that 14er we never got around to last summer.

Have real mistletoe hanging in my house at Christmastime. (Okay, mostly I want to remember to do this next year.)

There are a few more, but with the wedding spreadsheets I just discovered? I think I better leave some room in my schedule.

No comments: