Thursday, December 18, 2008

Success!

This year, I have done considerably less shopping for Christmas gifts, mostly because I know I'm going to have to drag everything across the country and that is sort of a pain. So, I kept putting it off and picking things up here and there, and not really buying things online (which is sad because it's one of my most favorite things ever). Anyway, I had one last thing to pick up, so today during my lunch break I went to the outlet mall.

(Let's pause for a moment and think about how nice it is to live in a place where you can go to either a regular mall OR an outlet mall in an hour's time. It is pretty spectacular.)

I had picked up the gift and was heading back to my car when I realized several things:
1. I am going to the Broncos game Sunday.
2. It is going to be about 20 degrees.
3. My coat does not have a hood.
4. I don't have a hat.

The I don't have a hat is because I look ridiculous in hats. I look so bad, in fact, that I had a boyfriend who readily agreed that yes, I should take that hat off. But, as I'd like to not lose my ears to frostbite, I thought I'd go ahead and look for one. And I found three.

Now, probably the cuteness of the hats I bought overshadowed how silly I look when I wear them, but I love them so much that I had to buy all of them. And! To make these purchases even more successful, they were all way, way on sale. More on sale than I realized. Like, the-cashier-tells-you-the-total-and-you-are-pleasantly-surprised on sale. Then, as the icing on the cake, I found another gift, sort of by accident, but a gift nonetheless.

So on my way back to work, I was actually pleased with my Christmas season shopping experience. Which is weird. That hasn't happened since...ever.

No comments: