Thursday, November 01, 2007

Seriously, is this place not awesome?

The internet has been a pretty considerable blessing to me, mostly because I wonder things like, what was that show I watched in the 80's that featured a half bumblebee, half lion character? and what's the real deal with the Amityville Horror house? and what is a Hokie? There are things that need to be documented, people, and the internet is good for documenting.

But the internet is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me because with the internet came INTERNET SHOPPING and I know I've said it before but wow. Thank you, whoever invented the internet.

I am especially thankful today because I went to buy some film and while I waited for the cashier to ring it up I realized that I was singing along with the radio (in my head! I am not publicly crazy) and that the song I was singing was Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

Okay first of all, it is NOVEMBER FREAKING FIRST.

Second of all, I am a terrible holiday shopper. I love to give gifts, but I hate to be in a store with the fifty other people who have also waited until the last moment to go to the mall and do their Christmas shopping. This all stems from an unfortunate incident in which I knocked over a display at Bath & Body Works because I had a lot of bags and so did the woman in front of me, and probably mostly because I am hopelessly clumsy. After that, I decided it would be best if I did all of my shopping in July. Then I got a credit card and the internet got shopping and lo, there truly was Peace on Earth in the days leading up to the celebration of Christ's birth.

So, why was the holiday music already playing? I suppose they're trying to sneak into my subconscious and get me into the holiday shopping frenzy. Unfortunately for whoever thought playing Christmas music would get me out there to SPEND, SPEND, SPEND, I was suddenly overtaken with an intense urge to go home and but a bunch of stuff from Etsy. Which totally beats the mall, and may very well be one of the best things about the internet, anyway.

No comments: