Thursday, August 21, 2008

Interior Design

Alright. I spent the last year fantasizing about having my own apartment. I have a folder of bookmarks in my browser that I carefully filled with things I wanted to buy as soon as I had my own place. Things like this Keep Calm & Carry On print (I like the historical kitch factor) and this Ikea bookshelf. Or this kitchen herb garden. Just a lot of pretty things that I just didn't need while mooching off living with my parents.

Of course, moving into my own apartment and quitting my job at the SAME TIME sort of threw a wrench into any plans I had of outfitting my rooms in fabulousness. My roommate had been living by himself for several years, so he had a lot more stuff than I did. Which is fine, it's just that our place has a distinctly male vibe. The most feminine accessory we have is my stack of cookbooks on the kitchen counter.

Anyway, it just so happened that we decided to live together around the time my roommate started watching How I Met Your Mother. And the friends on that show? They're roommates. And you know what they have in their apartment? A pair of swashbuckling swords. So you know what we decided we needed? The same thing:



Our swords not are identical to Ted and Marshall's, and to be honest, I don't even know how you come into a pair of swords as perfect as the ones on the tv show, because we spent a LOT of time looking for them. We finally settled on these Marine swords, which we found for a pretty good deal on eBay. They now hang over our dining room table.

It is super classy. Luckily, I was able to put my foot down and say no to the kegerator. I am not kidding.

No comments: