Thursday, February 15, 2007

Must See TV (Embarrassing Confessions Edition)

Everyone who knows me also knows that I have an obsession with The Office, and that on Thursday nights from 8:30 to 9 it is absolutely unacceptable to even breathe loudly in the same room as our tv. And it's true I've occasionally gotten this way about Weeds and Lost. And I'm okay with admitting the fact that I am obsessed--nay, addicted to these shows.

But there is one that I hate to admit to watching, one that I would rather not claim on my list of favorite shows.

And that show is Grey's Anatomy.

I know! I know, I know. I watched the first season faithfully each Sunday night after Desperate Housewives. My roommate and I were always there, every week. And then the second season I was totally over Teri Hatcher et al and gave up my Sunday night television. And that was okay, because in the mean time I was introduced to the world of DVD series. And my life, it was complete; I was watching Six Feet Under and Dead Like Me and Arrested Development and Full House. Life was good.

But then I accidentally watched The Office, and the important thing to know about The Office is that IT IS STILL ON AIR. I've never loved a series that wasn't already on the shelves of Best Buy in its entirety. And do you know what comes on after The Office? What show my friends like to watch? Yes. Grey's Anatomy.

And then I was sucked right back in. I hate myself for a lot of things--not flossing, an utter lack of coordination, being a bad cook--but my addiction to this whiny, pretentious show about doctors and lippy interns is definitely in the top three of all time hateable traits. And for some reason, I can't quite figure out how to get myself to turn the tv of at 9 instead of 10. I guess it could be worse: I Love New York is on Thursday nights.

No comments: