Friday, November 17, 2006

Favorite Friday

I am picky about what music I listen to when I'm in certain moods, and if I had to describe what I'd be feeling like when I want to listen to Hem, I think I'd have to say I was feeling sad and happy at the same time. If that makes any sense. Anyway, this song is peaceful and pretty.
Hem - The Golden Day is Dying.mp3

I had never heard about Bound Stems until I read about them at Stereogum. Now, I'm a fan. Like they say at Stereogum, they sound a little like one of my other favorites, Wolf Parade.
Bound Stems - Andover.mp3

Emily Haines has a beautiful voice and a really interesting background that you can read about here. I've only heard a couple of her songs, but I can't wait to get my hands on her new album, Knives Don't Have Your Back.
Emily Haines - Crowd Surf off a Cliff.mp3

Whenever I think of The Lemonheads, it always reminds me of Schoolhouse Rock, because they covered "My Hero Zero" and it was a little bonus video at the end of the America Rocks VHS my brother and I watched growing up. This is always slightly embarrassing to me. Anyway, here is a track off their new self-titled album.
The Lemonheads - Become the Enemy.mp3

I love The Strokes, so it's no surprise that I love this pre-released single from their lead and rhythm guitarist's first solo album, Yours to Keep. It's like The Strokes (obviously), but...better?
Albert Hammond, Jr. - Hard to Live (In the City).mp3

also, a totally non-related link (except, it IS a music video, so does that count?): pleeeease go watch Lazy Scranton in its entirety, because The Office is the funniest thing on tv right now, and this video is only going to be on their website for a week.

No comments: