Monday, August 21, 2006

My first pet, for about two days.

This is our cat, Jack.




He was found outside our apartment building during a party last week, and after being taken in by several different people, he ended up here. I'm not sure if we should keep him, but every single time I'm sure he should go, he does something so adorable that I can't help but agree that we can't get rid of him. Of course, this is crazy, especially since I've been taking unreal amounts of allergy medicine since he arrived, so this afternoon we're giving him to someone Christina knows.

Strangely, we're not the ones who are upset by this--it's all of our friends who have been visiting every night. "Aren't you mad at Christina for getting rid of him?" they ask. And then, just as I'm about to say no, he does something adorable again and I'm forced to reconsider.

Look at him! How can you not love that?

Ahem. So, today we say goodbye to little Jack, and really I'm sort of relieved, because for the 15 minutes we thought we'd be keeping him, I was worried about all the things we'd have to do to take care of him. And let's be honest: college undergrads are not the best candidates for pet owners.

And, really, I just told this story so I could share the cuteness with you.

No comments: