I've wanted to write, really I have, but there hasn't been much time. I've been working a lot, and when I'm not working of course I'm watching my Netflix goods or doing other things. Here are a few stories of note from the last ten days:
1. Yesterday was the official first day of operation at the pool where I'm assistant manager. Usually it's cold and rainy on this opening day, but Saturday was hot and sunny, so we were busy doing first-day things AND guarding. I was exhausted by 8pm and we still hadn't cleaned the bathrooms. On a good note, I did not get sunburnt too badly, which is something that usually happens on my first day.
2. On Thursday, the first grade class came for a day of swimming. I had more saves on this day than all my other years of guarding combined. It was good to know I can still save people, but really it was more of a "Dear God what have I gotten myself into for the summer" situation.
3. No, seriously, there are moments when I'm glad I am home for the next three months instead of just living on my own. I drove through town last night and it struck me that I live in a very pretty place, and I decided that I really am slowly feeling better and better about being here.
4. You know that little compartment between the two front seats in a car? The other day I inadvertently filled mine with lemonade by setting a styrofoam cup in it. The cup, which looked perfectly fine, was actually sitting on top of a pen that poked a hole in the bottom. This is not awesome, as now everything that was in the compartment is sticky and/or ruined.
5. My most recent obsession on the television: Arrested Development. I've been spending quality bonding time with my brother watching it, and it is very, very funny.
6. After five or six years of avoiding it, I will be having my wisdom teeth pulled this summer. It's going to be great, I'm sure. I had to make a bunch of appointments to get the whole thing taken care of: a consultation, a trip to have x-rays taken, the actual removal itself, and then an orthodontist appointment. The last one is the one I'm looking forward to the least. Everyone who works in that office is just plain mean. Why? I don't get it.