Wednesday, January 18, 2006

On starting a paper way too late

(I'm all about the lists lately)
  • It is never a good sign when you're typing the date due at the top of the paper and it's the date that Word automatically wants to put in for you, because that means your paper is due sometime in the next 24 hours.
  • This is the first paper I've written since my freshman intro courses that hasn't given me a solid structure to work with.
  • I realize that I am a big girl now and it's time for me to come up with my own structure.
  • I juuuust dooooon't waaaaaaaant tooooooooo.
  • When I "only have to bring in a draft" I never do my best work.
  • Right now I am procrastinating.
  • If I just read three essays on the history of technical writing (YAWN! And it's my MAJOR!), why do I have to write another one that simply moves their words around? It makes very little sense.
  • This being my "Capstone" class, and being taught by the head of my department, I get a little nervous. Call it performance anxiety. So I've got writer's block.
  • I've run out of things to say, so I'm going to go find some other way to procrastinate and avoid, then another, and ultimately write this paper at about 2 or 3 am.

No comments: