Wednesday, January 18, 2006

List: things that have nothing to do with each other (except 5, 6, & 7)

I really want to update but I don't have much to say. So you get a list:

1. I have decided that for the rest of the winter, I will be riding in Christina's 4-wheel drive Xterra. Snow does not mix well with my tiny car or drivers not accustomed to snow.

2. I'm in a journalism class right now. It's a fun class, but it's required for my major. However, if I wanted to write news articles, I'd be a JOURNALISM MAJOR. I don't want to write news articles, and I have known this for many, many years. (Five. At least.) So why am I required to take this class? I don't understand. But I'll grin and bear it.

3. People keep getting robbed, kidnapped (kidnapped! Seriously!), and attacked in Oxford. This is scary. But, don't worry, we're being careful and I only walk by myself when it's really late at night and no one can come pick me up.

Actually, I'm a big chicken and I just drive myself everywhere.

4. I'm driving to West Virginia in two weeks and I'm excited. Which is funny to me, being excited about West Virginia, you know? But we're going to another college campus so it should be fun.

5. My first class was cancelled today! Which is why I'm writing this and not sitting in a Political Science class. Between that and the journalism (where she flings candy at you if you know your current events), I may have to turn this into a political rants blog.

6. Speaking of which, whenever I come home for lunch at 12 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I turn on the tv and while flipping channels to get to CNN and be prepared for class the next day, I inevitably get stuck on ABC Family's reruns of Full House. Every. Single. Time. I'm almost embarrassed about that.

7. And speaking of Full House, the third season comes out April 4. I don't really deserve any presents in April but if you're feeling generous it'll be over there on my Amazon wish list until it's sitting on the shelf with my first two seasons.

8. I watched American Idol for the first time last night. I don't really get it.

9. Funny story: I wore this jacket home on Friday that I hardly ever wear and when I stopped and got gas I put my ATM card in the pocket and said to myself, "I really ought to just put this back in my purse so I don't lose it" but then didn't for some reason. Now, I can't find it. Sometimes it astonishes me that the words "responsible" and "Loren is" are ever spoken in the same sentence.

No comments: