Sunday, October 02, 2005

Of course, I used to be unable to find the ketchup at the store I've gone to my entire life.

I had to run to the grocery store today to get some popsicles for Doug. In the past three weeks he's gone through at LEAST 50 Fla-Vor-Ices, and I was getting scared he'd stop coming around if I didn't get some more. And I'm okay with that, because they're cheap, and if that's all I have to do to keep a guy around, well, could I ask for anything more? I DON'T THINK SO.

So. I'm at the grocery store, and I decide I'd like to talk to my brother while I'm walking around. And we're talking, and finally I realize that I've gone through the entire store and still haven't found the popsicles. I mean, obviously they aren't kept with the regular, always-frozen popsicles. So where could they be? I bought them from a display at the front of the store last time, so I didn't even have that to go on. So I ask Jimmy. And he says, well, sometimes they make those to be popsicles or drinks, so maybe they're with the juice boxes.

And you know what? He was right.

And my apologies Jimmy...but the fact that he could find the popsicles, the popsicles in the grocery store he's NEVER EVEN SEEN, well, that makes me question every sort of rationale I've ever used. And I don't know what to do about that.

No comments: