Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What's making me happy this week, XXX

I'm a little behind this week, because we just came home from a trip to Ohio where we planned like, every single detail of our wedding and had two wedding showers. It was a lot of fun, but because I am an old lady, I am beyond excited to sleep in my bed tonight. Anyway, here are some highlights from our trip:
  • We ate, and ate, and ATE. We don't have Bob Evans, Steak & Shake, or Skyline Chili (and of course plenty more) in Colorado, so we kind of overdid it. We even bought some Graeter's ice cream one night. And then we had two wedding showers Saturday and Sunday, so I've basically had a stomachache since Wednesday night. But? Worth it. It's Skyline time!
  • I had so much fun at my showers! The first one was with Adam's family, and was women-only, and then we had a couple's shower for my family. It's hard to be the only ones so far away from home sometimes, so it was really great to get to spend time with basically my entire family (and most of my soon-to-be family), especially since we know we'll be seeing them again in just a few months! 
  • Surprisingly, something I loved about my shower was having the ribbons made into a bouquet to carry at the rehearsal. I have not been big into wedding traditions throughout this whole thing, but for some reason this one struck me as cute. I even took an extra bow and made a boutonniere for Adam.
    Rehearsal bouquet
  • Despite generally being spoiled by Twitter for pretty much every event, I've been enjoying the Olympics. I mostly only mention this because this is week thirty, and the Olympics are in cycle thirty, which led Adam to wonder during the opening ceremony why the DVR listed it as XXX Summer Olympics. Was it some kind of...alternative games? So I'm hoping this post's title doesn't confuse the search engines. Sorry, XXX searchers.
It's good to be home again, but I'm so glad we went back to visit. I'm still feeling so lucky for the people in my life, and I'm really looking forward to our wedding now that all the hardest planning work is done. Hooray!

No comments: