Sunday, March 04, 2012

What's making me happy this week IX

Denver Restaurant Week started last weekend, so last night Adam and I went to Zydeco's for some live music and Southern cuisine. We don't eat downtown very often (though I could get you to the hockey arena or baseball field with my eyes closed, I'm sure) so it was a lot of fun to go out. Plus, the food was amazing. We had fried green tomatoes as an appetizer, and I'm still thinking about them. I may try to recreate them this summer.

Speaking of which, I am ready for the warm weather, and as I am wont to do at this time of year, I bought a bunch of summer clothes from Old Navy online. The part making me most happy about that is that everything I bought was on sale, including a top I've been eyeing for a while. Now, when they get here and it's too cold to wear them, I probably won't be so happy, but I'll take what I can get for now.

As an aside, I realized the other day that at my current rate of posting, over the next 10 months this blog is going to turn into a bunch of, "YAY!!! STUFF!!!" posts, and I started to wonder if I should cut back from what's making me happy every week to maybe every month or something. But then I thought, no. It's probably a good thing for me to try to focus on the positive as often as possible. I don't know if I'm on my way to loving everything, but I think this weekly exercise might help.

No comments: