Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Focusing on the positive

I don't know if it's because I just moved into a house or what, but lately I have really enjoyed being a grown-up. My dad told me, "be good!" as we were saying goodbye on the phone the other day, and after we hung up I thought, okay but only if I want to.

I also recently made myself a gin & tonic with an umbrella in it just because I could. It was delightful.

But the best thing I have been able to do as an adult? My dentist's office is about a block away from my old apartment, and last November I had made an 8am appointment for tomorrow, thinking I'd still be living nearby. And today? I canceled it.

Let me say that again: I didn't want to go to the dentist, so I canceled my appointment. My 7-year-old self is so high-fiving me right now.

(And before you tell me how important it is to take care of my teeth, YES, I know, I'm already looking for a new office that's closer to the house. Just let me enjoy my small victory.)

1 comment:

Su said...

I wish I could go to the dentist. I actually really LIKE going to the dentist.