Saturday, November 15, 2008

Listen to this

A new season of one of my favorite podcasts, RadioLab, started yesterday, and I wanted to let you know about it because I love it. I have been waiting for this season to begin since I listened to the last new episode on my drive out here to Colorado (I stockpiled them, along with about ten This American Lifes, for the trip). The Morning News interviewed RadioLab's host, Jad Abumrad, and if you're wondering what's to love about an hour of listening to interviews with scientists about things like sleep and morality and time, this is what he had to say about the show's target audience:

"i don’t know if this is true…but i’m hoping our target audience is pretty wide. meaning, anyone who is curious, open-minded, interested in how things work, in questions that have answers and also questions that don’t have answers. basically anyone who finds the world a wonderful and weird and slightly scary place full of mysteries."

I love this show, and I like the way he describes it. Go listen to it. NOW. You can start with Memory and Forgetting, which is one of my favorites. Time was pretty good, too.

No comments: