Monday, November 26, 2007

It's finally acceptable to talk Christmas, right?

Having a job has been mostly fun because this year I've been able to afford to actually buy gifts for people. In fact, I'm having a really hard time not sharing all of the fun things I've found. I just don't want to ruin the surprise.

However, here are a few things I think would make great gifts which didn't make it onto my "give this" list. Maybe they will work out better for you:

I really wanted to get one of these adorable robot keychains for my sister (who is about to start driving and will *gasp* be toting a set of keys which is a little scary), but they are sold out right now. Of course, if you know anyone with a birthday in two or three months, you're in luck.

I think these credit/business card cases would have been perfect for someone who has business cards or just doesn't like carrying around a purse. They're simple and pretty, and come in a couple of different designs.


I am a big fan of maps, and I am tempted to buy this tablecloth for myself rather than as a gift. Although, I don't really have anywhere to put it. But like the description says, wouldn't you love to sit down every morning and have a good look at the United States?


I like a clever t-shirt, especially on someone else--that way I can admire it. And besides, who doesn't need a little extra luck, especially if it is from the luckiest t-shirt ever?


I wish I knew someone who loves Legos and Batman, and is also old enough to drive, because this would be the best gift ever.


(Also? Lego website? If I liked Legos, you would rock my world.)

With all the people I know named Jim (okay, the two people I know), I thought the James Bookends might be fun. But then I realized that just because something has your name doesn't mean you'll like it.

No comments: