Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Perks of working overtime

Something I think to myself a lot is that it's sort of lame that I live with my parents. I know this isn't true, that there are a lot of good reasons for mooching as long as possible, one being the fact that by actually having money saved when I decide to move out, I'll be able to afford utilities and meals that don't consist of Ramen noodles. And while I am tucking money into my savings account on a pretty regular basis, in the last week or two I have been on a pretty intense shopping spree. Do you know how easy it is to buy things online? Well let me tell you: it is so easy. You click some buttons, you type in your credit card number, and then a few days later BAM you have a package. It is awesome.

Anyway, this is what I have bought:
The 3rd season premiere of How I Met Your Mother on iTunes. I love this show, but I really wish I had known it was streaming for free on CBS.com (by the way, are you watching this? You should be watching this), because I wouldn't have paid for it. Still, there are worse tv shows I could have paid $1.99 for.

Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead. First of all, both of these are on my list. Second of all, I did not have enough time to finish Atlas Shrugged before I ran out of opportunities to renew it from the library. I thought I could get over that, but in a little fit of frustration (dude, library, NO ONE ELSE is going to check out this book in the next three weeks) I went to Amazon.com and decided I'd like to have my own copy. THEN, I saw that if I bought The Fountainhead I could get them for a little cheaper, so I went ahead and bought them both. (On a side note: Every time I've used Free Super Saver Shipping or whatever it's called, my stuff shows up sort of beaten up. I am convinced that this is what they do as a way to stick it to the people who don't pay shipping.)

A Diana camera. It was a spur of the moment purchase, I'll admit, but I think it will be fun to have around. I was disappointed though that two days after I ordered mine, The White Stripes started selling their own version. Granted, I don't need to pay $130 extra for a red camera. Even though it would be pretty cool. But NO, Loren. NO.

And last but not least, I saw Bob Dylan last night and it was a lot of fun. We had pretty good seats, and the people who sat in front of us were CRAZY old people which was entertaining. Also: Can you believe Bob Dylan is still performing? Because I am pretty impressed by that.

No comments: