Monday, September 17, 2007

Also I really hate library fees more than just about anything.

Today I picked up Atlas Shrugged from the library (for the list). I didn't realize that it is over 1,000 pages long, so I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be paying some late fees on it. Which I think is sort of silly, because when I opened it up tonight I realized that I must be the only person who has ever checked it out because there is some sort of "win something blah blah" entry card stuck in the middle of the pages. And also, I think the spine should be at least a little cracked or maybe even just creased a little if someone has spent any time at all with this enormous book. But no, it has seen no love.

Unfortunately, I don't think the librarians would care about that. And they should, you know? In my wildest library fantasies, the librarians are all, "oh, keep it as long as it takes, dear, [they should be sweet bookish folk] we're just so glad you are enjoying reading" instead of how they actually are, which is more like, "oh you want a library card? Hmm. Do you even LIVE in this COUNTY?"

But maybe I'm wrong and they're just trying to protect their books. I get that. And the truth is, I don't really have time to be worrying about librarians. I've got 1,054 pages of Ayn Rand to work through.

No comments: