Thursday, May 24, 2007

Working Girl

My suitcase showed up Monday, but I was not here to greet it because I was at my first day of work. There are a lot of things I like about having a job--and so far, I've liked this one in particular--but my favorite is probably being able to come home and whine about how hard I've worked all day and why isn't there any dinner on the table? Have you ever done this? It's almost as much fun as talking about how much harder you had it growing up in the 80's.

Unfortunately, being gone from 8 to 6 everyday has made it hard for me to sit down in front of the computer. My email has gone unread, my website has gone unupdated. My apologies. Speaking of which, a lot of this page is hosted on my university webspace, so any day now things could get a little ugly--I don't know when they'll be cancelling my account.

Completely unrelated:
I had dinner today with my friend Sarah, and we were talking about the suckfest that is United Airlines. The conversation went something like this:
"I've never flown United, but I did fly Lufthansa when I went to Germany. It's owned by United."

"Oh, Lufthansa! I've always wanted to fly on that. I love saying it. Lufthansa."

"No. Just keep saying it. Never fly on it."

No comments: