Monday, February 12, 2007

Wintry Mix

1. This morning I woke up and when to class, and when I got to work I had an email with the subject line, "URGENT...PLEASE SEE ME ASAP RE: GRAD REQUIREMENTS" and I was all, if I had made a list of the worst email subjects, this one would take the cake.

2. When I finally talked to my advisor about this, she explained that there were two problems with my transcript; one I had taken care of several hours earlier and one I had taken care of...oh, I don't know...in October...with HER...at the desk of the person who was supposed to take care of it...so I'm not sure who's to blame here, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it isn't me. So everything is okay, except that when she said "we're just taking care of you!" I was thinking, "if that were the case, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?"

3. Apparently as I sit here at my computer, the entire Cincinnati area is being covered in foot upon foot of ice and snow, rendering the entire planet incapable of sustaining itself. Surely I jest, you think, but no. I do not. If you had talked to the people I talked to today, you would have been to the store and bought enough staples to last you until May, because that is when we will finally be able to burrow out from beneath the storm that is going to cause us all to perish. Already tonight one of my classes tomorrow was cancelled and it hadn't even snowed one little flake yet. One of my other professors is thinking of having class in an AIM chatroom on Wednesday, which should probably be about the best thing ever--IF WE CAN SURVIVE THAT LONG!

No comments: