Friday, February 09, 2007

Because I can never find ANYTHING.

If I ever own a grocery store (or even if this opportunity just presents itself), I am going to completely redesign the way groceries are organized. First, I will list those un-categorizable things on the signs above the aisles so you know exactly where to find them. Looking for marachino cherries? Stove Top stuffing? Just read the sign. Personally, I think anything you put on ice cream should be kept on that little end shelf near the freezers. Besides, that's good marketing anyway. Likewise, Stove Top and Shake and Bake should be kept in the same aisle, because they are both made out of crumbs.

I realize that each store has its own plan--for example, the Kroger here puts marshmallows in the candy aisle, while at home they're in the baking aisle (please don't ask how I know this; I just do)--but if I got to be the boss, we'd have nationwide standards. We can streamline this grocery shopping business, people! Think of the profits!

And think of me, not wandering aimlessly through the aisles, frustrated because I can't figure out where the Fla-Vor-Ices are.

No comments: