Friday, January 05, 2007

I thought E.T. only liked Reeces Pieces

I was suffering from that hiccup pain for about two days. I didn't know that could happen--you stop having hiccups, but continue to feel like they could start back up at any minute. Being the crazy worrier that I am, after learning (at a young age) that it is possible to have hiccups for extremely long stretches of time, I have always been a little scared that once my hiccups start, they will last for the rest of my life, making it impossible for me to find a job, or a husband, etc.

I have an active imagination.

So here I am in Colorado, visiting a grad school program and hanging out with some friends. We visited the Coors Brewery in Golden yesterday. It's the largest brewery in the world, so it was sort of like a Wonka factory for college students, except instead of that big room full of giant gummi bears and edible buttercups, there was just a big bar. And also, we did not ride on a boat. And no one blew up like a blueberry. There were no lifetime supplies of anything either, but I think you got the gist of this comparison a few sentences ago.

And now I leave you with this poster from the Brewery yesterday, which leaves me with quite a few questions about what life must have been like in the 1980's:

No comments: