Friday, December 08, 2006

Favorite Friday: I've got you covered

Ben Folds covers Such Great Heights! I'm more of the Iron & Wine camp myself, but here it is just in case you're a Ben Folds fan (his new album came out 10/24).
Ben Folds - Such Great Heights.mp3

The Cold War Kids cover Fiona Apple. What can go wrong? I like them both.
Cold War Kids - Fast as You Can.mp3

The Puppini Sisters are essentially today's Andrews Sisters, and while they perform some of the same music, they've also done their own versions of I Will Survive and Heart of Glass. Here's their version of Morrissey's Panic.
The Puppini Sisters - Panic.mp3

And if that wasn't enough for you, My Old Kentucky Blog is the one who really has you covered with a Cover Song Project. I think my favorite cover song collection of theirs is Sympathy for the Devil--although, none of them beat the original, in my opinion. Here's Guster's version.
Guster - Sympathy for the Devil.mp3

And here's two random ones:
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - Goodbye Earl.mp3 (Originally by the Dixie Chicks)
Feist - That Girl. mp3 (Originally by The Kinks) (By the way, did you know I love Feist? Because I love Feist.)

No comments: