Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Yes, if I have children, they will hate me

Before I switched sections of one of my classes, I had an awkward stretch of time on Tuesday afternoons--too late for lunch, too early for dinner, not long enough to go home or to the library but too long to simply go from classroom to classroom. Because it happened to be in the same building, one day I decided to visit the Zoology Museum, which happens to be geared more toward visiting elementary school children than anything else. There are lots of things labeled TOUCH ME! or PLAY WITH ME!, as well as plenty of toys and books. One of the books was this little gem


which should actually be titled, One FEWER Fish. I don't like to nitpick, but your kid is never gonna learn the right word to use in this scenario if you don't even provide him or her with the right usage in the first place.

By the way, I'm really sorry about this post, because I can feel you rolling your eyes? But I am running out of steam, and I've got eight days left to go before I can call myself a NaBloPoMo success story.

No comments: