Friday, April 21, 2006

I'll take "Great American Authors I Haven't Read" for 200, please

Today in Journalism we played Journalism Jeopardy. I was running late, so I walked in while they were asking one of the first questions.

Then one of the guys on my team and I swept the American Authors section*, and my professor told us to be sure to thank our high school English teachers.

Thanks Mom!


*I got Margaret Mitchell, Mark Twain, Harriet Beecher Stowe, and someone else. If there was a career in the memorization of famous authors, I would not need a college education. Unfortunately, the only good thing about knowing who wrote what is the satisfaction of knowing it. And honestly it's been a long time since I finished a book that was considered a "classic." I think I just memorize the authors so people assume I've read the books. SUCKERS!**

**No, seriously, I do feel bad about this.

No comments: