Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I heart acetaminophen, but not so much the caffeine

(yes, I did look up the word acetaminophen.)

As we all know, I am a huge fan of Tylenol PM. But when I actually have a headache (and not just a pretend one to justify taking the Tylenol PM) I like to take Excedrin. It just works better.

I have found that there are a lot of things I shouldn't do without food in my stomach. These things are:
1. Pass out Halloween candy.*
2. Drink alcohol.**
3. Sit in a quiet room where you can hear things like stomachs growling.
And today, 4. Take Excedrin.

Did you know it has caffeine in it? The website says it has "as much as a cup of coffee." I don't drink coffee, so I don't really know the significance of that, but I have seen the episode of Will and Grace where Jack becomes addicted to iced coffee. I don't want to be like that.

Right now, I don't have a headache, but I am sort of lightheaded and shaky. I took two Excedrin after eating a bowl of cereal earlier today. So I'm asking, is Tylenol PM such a bad thing? No. Is Excedrin? Evidently not if I've taken the time to eat an actual meal.


*This is actually a funny story. My grandparents were on vacation and I was at their empty house passing out candy all by myself. I'd taken some lunch with me, but I dropped it on the back porch when I got there, so no lunch for me! By the time trick-or-treat rolled around, I'd gotten so hungry I had some of the candy. Halfway through the evening I was practically throwing the candy at the kids who were walking up and down the streets. I was so! darn! excited!

**This is not a funny story.

No comments: