Thursday, December 15, 2005

This story just keeps getting better and better

Last night, my dad called me during dinner:

"I just have one question for you."

"Okay."

"Have you ever had a dream where you're watching yourself do something? Like, you aren't in the dream, you're just looking at what's going on?"

"So, a third person dream, not a first person dream."

"Right."

"Yeah, I have those every once in a while."

[angrily disbelieving] "No you haven't."

[the unmistakable sound of my mother laughing]

"Yeah, I have, I--"

"Okay, BYE" [click]

Then, this morning, I got online to post that conversation, and my sister IMed me. I just couldn't leave you all without the rest of the story. (An important piece of information here is that one of Erin's chores is to take the trash out every Wednesday. It used to be my brother's job until he left for college.)

Erin: can you believe dad has never had a dream where he watches himself?
Erin: he was like, "i guarantee loren and jimmy have never had a dream like that"
Erin: and so he bet me that if either of you had, he'd take the trash out every other week
Erin: and yeah
Erin: it rocks

No comments: