Saturday, August 20, 2005

To catch you up on the past 7 days

It was such a busy week with band camp and all the socializing that goes with it that I haven't even had time to check my email. But it's finally over, and while I am glad to have it out of the way I'm still not too excited about starting classes back up. At any rate, I'm sure my life will become more interesting in the next couple of weeks.


















I am section leader this year, so that's been a different challlenge. I am not hard core. I hope all the freshmen appreciate that about me. I try to be responsible but I haven't unleashed the bitch we all know is inside me. I just hope I'm not supposed to be making sure all the baritones are hard core, because if that's what they want then they might want to get someone else to lead sectionals and be in charge. We have fun, and we memorize some music, but we don't do push-ups during rehearsals like they have in the past. I like traditions but some are just not worth keeping.

Of course, the traditions worth keeping are the ones that happen every night of the week, and on Monday we hosted a "festive gathering" and it was a good time. Our house is great and we enjoyed hearing it from everyone else. Christina and I had a lot of fun hosting, but I'd say going to other places is probably more fun.

















And here is a picture of my friend Eric and me from one of the themed parties we had a few nights ago (because I don't actually think it's a good idea to wear a Hooters shirt in public). You were basically supposed to dress all trashy. I did a pretty good job. Also, I'm posting this because Eric is AWESOME and we have had a blast in the baritone section this week.

No comments: