Wednesday, July 20, 2005

[Insert your favorite Oregon Trail Fate Here]

For example: No Water. Or, Jebediah is suffering from Dysentry.



Last night I was talking to Christina while I added cd's to my iTunes. When I opened my cd drive, I found the Oregon Trail game Erin had sent with me the last time I visited home. I asked Christina if she was excited, because I was going to bring it with me so we could play it on my laptop while we drove across the (madness-causingly DULL) plains states. I think my exact words were, "We'll have the pioneer experience through the magic of electronics."

And here I have to laugh, mostly because what a ridiculous thing to say in the first place, but also because it is just not okay to say you'll have the pioneer experience in any way while utilizing things like electricity or four-wheel-drive vehicles.

That said, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say we won't die of Cholera or a failed attempt to ford the Platte River on our trip. Whew. I know I can sleep a little easier now.

No comments: