Tuesday, June 21, 2005

So OBVIOUSLY I didn't like my picture.

I went to get my driver's license renewed today. When Cassie lost hers in a few months ago I went with her to get a replacement, and I could've sworn they let her look at the picture before they slapped it on her card. (Didn't they Cassie? Or am I making things up?) Anyway, they didn't let me see it, and I even asked if it was okay.

Now herein lies the moral duty of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles workers. Because the fate of your photo lies in their hands. And, more importantly, they have the ability to erase a bad picture without anyone else ever seeing it. They could just lie and say, "looks like you blinked, let's do that again" or "wait, you need to fix your hair real quick." And think of the moments of embarrassment that could be saved, because no one with a bad picture likes to whip out the license. Even if they are 21 and it's no longer going to warrant big black permanent marker x's.

So, I'm asking nicely BMV girls. Think about your customers, and give them a break when you take their pictures. You can make the world a better place.

No comments: