Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Some things never change and if they do they don't stay changed for long

Oxford just got a new Super Wal-Mart, and we have all sort of been marveling at how clean it is. The most wonderful thing is that it is open 24 hours a day, which I am sure I will capitalize on in the next few years.

So tonight, Brendan and I went at about 11:30 and there were piles of stuff everywhere waiting to be put on the shelves. At one point we had to move a shopping cart full of wireless routers just to get out of the electronics section. As we were leaving I noticed a woman filling a big bin with dvd's--you know the bin I'm talking about, the 2 dvd's for $11 bin.

And I looked around and thought, "well, this will be a regular Wal-Mart soon enough."

And you know, that's too bad.

No comments: