Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Lists: Reflections on My Sophomore Year

Things I Learned to Love:
  • Sex and the City
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • Grilled Cheese sandwiches
  • All-nighters and nearly-all-nighters
  • knitting
  • Diet Cherry Coke (it is like the best diet soda EVER.)
  • Will and Grace
  • Guster
  • my laptop. I fall more in love with you everyday, darling...
  • the 3 1/2 hour drive home (if you're going to have to do it, you might as well enjoy it.)
  • My university-hosted webspace
  • Steel Drums
  • lots of new fun people (i.e., anyone I met this year who I am still willing to be friends with. I mean, who is still willing to be friends with me.)
  • Short haircuts

Things I Developed a Slight Disliking For:

  • the Italian language
  • User Test Reports for English 414
  • Grown out short haircuts
  • Certain University Services, such as the print center and parking services
  • Sleep deprivation side-effects
  • Car rides longer than 3 1/2 hours (you know in The Lion King when the hyenas say "Mufasa" to each other to give each other chills? That's what it's like for me and "Kansas." Or "Plains States.")
  • Dealing with boys
  • Riding a bike on campus
  • Driving in the snow. Specifically, driving in the snow in the Spring.

ONLY TWO MORE DAYS. I'm definitely ready to be done, but it's been a good year.

No comments: