Sunday, February 13, 2005

I learned in 7th grade, every ingredient is important

If there's one thing I got from my mom, it's the ability to make a mean batch of chocolate chip cookies. Or brownies. (Unfortunately the jell-0 gene must have skipped a generation.) But I am sad to say that my baking skills have become rusty.

It's simply because I don't have the opportunity to keep them honed. My senior year of high school, I was probably baking at least once a month. Now, I can't even remember the last time I made a batch of cookies.

Oh wait. Yes I do. Thursday I made cookies. Chocolate chip ones. A word of advice: one little teaspoon of baking soda is VERY IMPORTANT. Do not forget this, or your cookies will not be good.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to moving into the house even more now, because I will have a real kitchen and real dishes that I don't have to keep stacked in my closet. And I can practice my homemaking skills all I want.

No comments: