Tuesday, December 07, 2004

10 Things I Promise Never To Do (Again) As A Blogger

  1. Whine, unless I think it is worth reading about--that is, I am passionately angry or it is funny.
  2. Post an entire song-worth of lyrics.
  3. Have a black background or an annoyingly busy template. TACKY.
  4. Get political. There are enough of those blogs, thank you very much.
  5. Go more than a week without posting. (I'm definitely guilty of this but I'd like to break 200 by New Year's...)
  6. Tell a story that just describes what I did during the day. I'm already boring enough, you don't need me to be working with boring material in the first place.
  7. Inversely, tell a story that is so reader-specific that only one or two people know what I'm talking about. There's no fun in reading that either.
  8. Be understanding about how no one ever leaves comments.
  9. Be unneccessarily insulting, give backhanded compliments, or say mean things in a roundabout way.
  10. Use poor English. (As if I needed to say that about myself. Truth be told, I was having a hard time coming up with a tenth promise.)

No comments: