Sunday, October 03, 2004

To my boys at the pool

I'm listening to "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and it reminds me of this summer.

I saw 10 movies from May to August, and most of those were with the other lifeguards. We'd run home and get showers after work and then pile into two or three cars and head to Wooster (several hours before the movie started, because, you know, it might be sold out, right Scott?). Then it would get crazy.

First of all because all of the boys I worked with love movies, Coca-Cola, classic rock, and being insane. So if you saw as many movies as I did, you would know that the Coke C2 commercial featured the song I'm listening to. Do you see how many things off of that list I just gave that commercial entails? So of course this commercial led to the boys being insane. They loved it, not only the first time we saw it but also every time after that.

So for the rest of the movie, we would always have a good time. Sometimes Kurtis, Josh and I would get a little embarrassed by being with such a rowdy group. But it was always fun. And we'd always follow it up with the requisite trip to Wal-Mart. Things like stealing Wet Floor signs and fake stolen car scenarios always ensued, making the night even better.

So here's my shout out to you guys, I miss all the fun we had this summer, work and all. Love ya.

No comments: