Monday, September 27, 2004

To my girls out there who need some love

It's been a long time since I felt like I was the one with the eyes on me, expected to give advice and know the right things to say to fix problems and be reassuring. I'm not quite used to it yet so you guys will have to forgive me. Know that I love you lots and I'm always here to listen, even if nothing wise comes out of my mouth.

I know how it feels to hurt; I've been where you are and I relate to you. I will never laugh or roll my eyes or say, "get over it." I promise.

I also promise that you will feel better, and you will see the big picture someday and be okay with what has happened. There's a reason why my mantra is "everything happens for a reason." Acceptance might come slowly, but it always comes. Somehow. Don't let yourself worry about it, just let it happen and it will.

"Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better." -King Whitney Jr.

No comments: