Wednesday, May 26, 2004

How would you like that cooked?

When I was younger, I had great aspirations to become a psychologist. In one of my greater schemes as to how I was going to become famous in my field, I planned out a personality test: How do the things you do in everyday life pertain to the things you do in your relationships with others? Of the questions, the only one I remember really liking was this: When a song comes on the radio that you don't like, what do you do? Change the station, wait it out, turn off the radio completely, learn to like it...I thought all of those answers spoke to some basics in dealing with others. I just never went ahead and gave anyone the test.

Recently, I discovered that you can tell a lot about people by the way they like their steak cooked. There are exceptions, I'm sure, but for the most part, it's a good indicator of personality. What kind of person are you: pink in the middle? burnt to a crisp? "just slapped on the grill hard enough to bruise it"? Or are you someone who doesn't even like steak at all?
I'm not going to go into my explaination of why I think this matters, because no one believes me until they've seen it. I will tell you, though, that I'm a medium rare kind of girl.

No comments: