Sunday, November 06, 2011

To be honest, this whole wedding thing has been pretty stressful to me. I am so excited to get married, but the planning part is unpleasant. It seems like the things I love, Adam is strongly against, and vice versa. Or people think my ideas are strange. And everything is expensive. So as you can see, it's been really easy for me to focus on the negative, less fun parts of getting married.

As I said the other day, one of my tactics has been to distract myself with non-wedding planning activities. And I was doing pretty well the last few weeks until last Friday, when I came home to an unexpected package on the doorstep. And it was for me! We recently signed our wedding day photography contract, so they sent me a congratulations/thanks for all your money gift:

Gift from the photographer

It wasn't anything too exciting, but it made me pretty happy and gave me the motivation to order some invitation samples over the weekend. Since shipping was free, I assumed it would take a while for them to arrive, but the ones from two different stores arrived Wednesday. It was so much fun to look at all the pretty designs, especially when the price wasn't posted right next to them.

Invitation samples

Surprise packages, guys! And other fun mail! No one told me about this part of wedding planning. It's the best part so far.

No comments: