Sunday, September 18, 2011

Big news

So! Adam and I are engaged. It's all very exciting, especially when you factor in the amount of energy I've exerted trying to convince Adam that we should just hop on a plane to Vegas (it's extremely cheap from Denver!) and be done with the whole wedding ordeal. But nooooooooo. Someone in this relationship wants a big fancy party. And it isn't me! Can you believe it?*

Anyway, we've already paid the deposit for the ceremony and reception sites, so there's no going back now.** Unfortunately, Adam and I aren't very good at dealing with stress: my face has suffered some serious breakouts and Adam's dentist asked if he'd been under a lot of stress because they could tell he'd been grinding his teeth a lot recently. Thankfully, we both had some getaways planned for this month (I went to Phoenix to see Brendan a few weeks ago, and Adam's in Kansas City this weekend), so we've had some much-needed breaks from discussing how we're going to plan a wedding from 1,200 miles away. I think everything is going to be just fine, but I get the feeling I'm going to be glad when it's all said and done. And let's not forget the best part: I'm going to have a much shorter last name! (Just kidding. Kind of.)

*Growing up, my family had an inside joke that whenever we went out to eat, I would order whatever was the most expensive item on the menu. With that kind of history, it's no wonder that people keep telling me they're surprised that I'd rather make a quick trip down to city hall to make it official than have a huge black tie affair involving several thousand dollars worth of flowers, a fancy dress, and dancing.

**This is Adam's go-to argument when I pull up those Vegas flights on my computer. I have to admit, it's a pretty good one. He always wins.

1 comment:

Saranade07 said...

Duh. We're talking food vs. a wedding OF course you'd want the expensive food over an expensive wedding (I would too :))