Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Day

Did I tell you all that my boyfriend shot a turkey last month? It's been sitting in our freezer just waiting for today. Well, actually, just the breast and drumsticks, because (thankfully) he dressed it before he brought it back to our apartment. Today it looked like this:

The turkey, prepared

(That's after I attacked it with a knife.)

There were seven people at my apartment today, and we had a great Thanksgiving, which started with orange rolls (does Pillsbury make these exclusively for my family? I don't know anyone else who has ever had them but they are SO GOOD) and the Macy's parade, followed by bloody marys and a delicious meal and football games on tv. So, pretty much a typical Thanksgiving.

And tomorrow! I'm sleeping in, and when I wake up and see that it's 6am, I'm going to think about how thankful I am not to be out shopping. Those people are CRAZY.

No comments: