Saturday, November 07, 2009

I mean really, how scary is that scene where the sheet moves on its own?

Last night I saw Paranormal Activity with a big group of friends. I knew I was going to be scared by this movie - I lost sleep over the trailer.* So I made my boyfriend sleep in my room with me last night. Not that that was much of a comfort, because he has nightmares pretty regularly, and wakes up terrified in the middle of the night. Which happens to be something that happens in this movie.

So I didn't get much sleep last night, and as I suspected, my boyfriend woke up twice and did that thing where you gasp and sit straight up. Each time I was already sort of awake, since I spent most of the hours between 2:00 and 5:00 counting down the minutes until it would be light out. "It's okay, it's okay," I'd say, patting him on the back. "Go back to sleep." And of course because he was dreaming about spiders or something not related to the movie he'd roll over and easily drift right off.

So tonight I don't know what is going to happen. I'm stuck. Do I sleep alone, and risk waking up horrified about something I made up in my mind? Or do I sleep in my boyfriend's room (which coincidentally is set up an awful lot like the bedroom in the movie, OMG, so scary), and wake up scared because he's woken up, drenched in sweat, because he thinks there are spiders in his bed? (That's really what happens, btw).

I mean, really this is a lose-lose situation for me. I should never have seen that movie.

*I was just about to go to bed and my boyfriend was like, "hey remember that movie trailer where the sheet moves by itself?" Why yes I do now that you mention it. Thanks.

No comments: